Making a Warhammer Age of Sigmar/ Warcry board Part 1

Hi again everyone! I thought I'd start documenting my progress on here of one of my current projects--a 2'x2' board I'm making to play Warcry on--one of my favourite games at the moment. In this first part, I'll be detailing some of my inspiration, what parts I used and what the first board is currently looking like.
The troll ravages the desolate streets

 One of my primary sources of inspiration for creating this board (apart from having something to play on) was Mordheim and the Mordheim2019 events that took place last year, as well as Ana Polanscak's own terrain. I wanted to draw on ideas of a towering urban ruin that was universal enough to play different scenarios on--but one that had a distinctly AoS feel, as opposed to the Old World Mordheim aesthetics (although they would be a great inspiration). I collected ideas on various Pinterest boards over a couple of years; this project has been a long-time coming, and something I've been looking at before Warcry was even announced.

I started gathering my materials together soon after. In fact, one of them; the Necromunda floors; were a catalyst in kickstarting this project, giving me a solid foundation to build upon. Not pictured are various bits, such as those leftover from the Warcry core box set and the Flesheater Courts endless spells.


The Flesheater Court Charnel Throne sets formed the foundation of this particular tyle. I built them without the throne part and massaged them into the board using milliput. I joined the various buildings with bridges from the Laketown House kit.

I used the same kit to add attention to detail, such as barrels, shop signs, as well as fallen masonry from some of the AoS kits. I also spent a lot of time filing and filling the Necromunda board, getting rid of the 40k flavour.
A restless Tomb Banshee
And that, is currently where I'm at with the board. As more supplies arrive, I'll take more pictures to show you guys and keep these updates going, all the way until the finished product. For more updates, follow me on Instagram @theempyrean_ and Twitter @theempyrean__


Comments

Popular Posts