A Hobby Year in Retrospective

It's almost the end of the year; it's been a storm of new releases, events and painting; this year, I think I've painted around 120 models, which works out at about ten per month--something I'm super proud of. So, I decided to look back on the Warhammer projects I've embarked upon this year, picking a model or unit that I painted during each month as a sort of celebration. Obviously, I won't show every model I've painted on here, so to see what else I worked on, check out my Instagram!

January:


January began with the conception of my Deepkin; ten Namarti Sirens hit the painting bench and were finished, exploring new techniques, allowing my models to look cleaner and crisper than ever before.


February:

February was a quieter month; I finished my 'realistic' take on the Gloomtide Shipwreck.

March:


The Genestealer Cults began in March, starting with the Patriarch and its familiars. This was the beginning of a 13 model kill team that eventually spiralled into a whole army.

April:


This month, I converted and painted the Deepkin Queen; I still think this is one of my better-painted models.

May:


My favourite project of May was the Matriarch for my Genestealer Cults and her two attendants.

June:

I'm cheating here with two pictures; first, my Underworlds Warband my return to Sylvaneth.
Second, is my mutant beast for the Genestealer Cult. This is more emblematic of the whole project, as I painted quite a few Genestealer characters this month.

July:

July features my Genestealer Cult cartographer riders. Super pleased with these models--gorgeous sculpts.

August:

In August, I suffered a bit of burnout with all of the models I had been working on. I managed to finish this Cypher Lord Thrallmaster, however.

September:


In September, the Cypher Lords warband was completed.

October:


Once again, I'm cheating. I finished the demagogue, the last member of the Genestealer Cult.

And also this massive troll for Warcry!

As well as my Armies on Parade board!

November:


In November, I converted and painted my Untamed Beasts warband for Warcry--a game which I've come to love and will expand upon even more in the new year.

December:

That brings us to December; here, I made progress on my Necron Kill Team (which will remain Kill Team size) which I endeavour to finish off in January.

So, that's the year. I hope you enjoyed seeing my projects cement themselves, and I hope you've made some great progress with your own hobby this year too. Here's to a great 2020!

For more information on my projects, follow me on Instagram @theempyrean_ and Twitter @theempyrean__

Comments

Popular Posts